Jewel of the Atlantic sea, a few steps from the coast of Morocco, the Canary Islands are the ideal destination for the winter holidays.
The mid climate all winter long offers a pleasant stay and a pleasant escape from the rigours of winter for who want to spend here the New Year's Eve.
Its islands offers a perfect mix between worldliness and nature, they adapt well to different needs, even for the most demanding tourist.
Tenerife and its beauties
Nature and worldly life marry perfectly at Tenerife. The largest of the Canary Islands, Tenerife houses the capital. Its main features are the lavic landscape carved by the elements, of a hypnotic beauty, and the uncontaminated coast. The cities of the island are interesting, full of life and offer a lot of leisure possibilities.
A holiday at Tenerife offers a lot of possibilities :
- Visit the capital Santa Cruz de Tenerife, where you can enjoy the night local and the sparkling life
- Visit its most beautiful beaches, like Playa de las Americas, with a lot of locals, or the quiet sand of san Telmo whit its restaurants on the beach.
- Do trekking inland. Visit the beautiful natural park of mount Teide is an incredible experience, with surprising lava landscapes and the interesting local fauna, unique in the world.
- Do trekking at the rural park of Anaga, natural area declared a Biosphere Reserve. The park of Anaga offers the possibility to admire the endemic flora and fauna to the area, result of early isolation of the area.
- Visit the Wood Esperanza, not far from the city of San Cristobal de la Laguna, where very high pines offer a wonderful landscape.
La Gomera, an ancient land full of surprises
But Canarie isn't only Tenerife! The nearest island of the La Gomera offers the possibility to immerse in a natural rere beauty landscape and visit the invaluable villages. Among the many experiences that can be done at La Gomera, some can't be missed:
- Visit the National park of Garajonay, typical for its antiquity. In fact, it hosts a forest of Laurisilva, trees dating back to Cenozoic and here survivors thanks to the mid climate and the isolation. In 2011 the Garajonay park has been declared Biosphere Reserve and World Heritage Site of Unesco. You can access inside through a lot of entrances and could lose you among its shady paths. A walk that is really worth doing!
- Visit the village of El Cedro on the national park of Garajonay. A mountain community at the centre of a natural uncontaminated place, with its typical small houses.
- Visit Hemigua in the north of the island. It's about narrow valley with terraced sides and cultivated with bananas that opens in front of the sea. Offers a breathtaking view for the visitors and it's a simple starting point to visit the natural park of Garajonay.
- Visit the village of Agulo and its ocean viewpoint, a fairytale village masterfully renovated the Pearl of La Gomera.
- Visit the village of Taguluche and its palm groves. Declared site of community interest of the European Union, Taguluche it's a very eye-catcher! In the middle of a terraced valley and rich of palms, this village is of rare beauty.
Well, between Tenerife and la Gomera the tourist activities for trekking and excursions lovers are a lot and all very interesting!