A course dedicated to enthusiasts, shipowners and skippers who want to gain confidence with manoeuvres in the port and in roadstead areas. You will deal with the most and least common mooring situations through practical tests and theoretical workshops on board of 40, 45 and 50 feet boats, to share and experience every aspect of this delicate phase. Controlling the boat in tight spaces, performing a good mooring manoeuvre or quietly entering, and the designated mooring will no longer be a problem, but fun.
|DEPARTURE BASE||Marina Fezzano, La Spezia|
Weekend 10/11 December: SOLD OUT
|TIME OF DEPARTURE||Check-in at 7:00 pm on Saturday - Check-out on 5:00 pm on Saunday|
€260 per person. Minimum 3 participants.
Sailing licence is not required.
This weekend is entirely organised and run by BeSkipper a.s.d. (Associazione Sportiva Dilettantisca)
|Language||Italian and english.|
|How to come||TRAIN: La Spezia central station|
AVAILABLE BOAT CLASSES
SUN ODYSSEY 49i (2009) View MoreLess
Boat models, technical specifications and options may be subject to change. BeBlue organises crews by balancing age, gender and specific requests of participants and reserves the right to make free upgrades to higher classes if needed. All boats are selected with care and experience.
BeBlue reserves the right to replace any boat in or out of the catalogue with another of similar class and quality.
You will learn:
- Preparing for mooring and unmooring
- Using the mooring warps in their different configurations (simple, bight, spring, breast lines etc.)
- Typologies of warps and slip ropes for mooring (materials and bends)
- Defining the essential elements for choosing the correct manoeuvre
- Controlling the boat in waiting state
- Controlling the boat in reverse
- Stern mooring manoeuvres at the pier
- Alongside mooring manoeuvres and approaching the pier
- Mooring manoeuvres with “French style” anchorage
- Free anchorage
- Navigation elements: learning to position in a navigation area through a nautical chart
- Communication with the crew: roles and commands during mooring phase
- Turning the boat in the smallest possible space
- Reinforcing the mooring and managing undertow
- Improving manoeuvring efficiency with minimum effort
Marina Fezzano, La Spezia