BeSailor 2 is the intermediate level course for those who already possess the basics of sailing and basic nautical vocabulary. Under the careful guidance of instructors, you will improve your technical skills at the helm and in sail trim. Alternating between various roles on board, you will also discover how much fun it is to be part of a crew. An advanced course to confirm skills already acquired and discover new practical and theoretical aspects of sailing. It takes place entirely on board cabin cruisers, in a sailing area without excessive difficulty and in manageable weather conditions, all under the careful and expert guidance of an AICS sailing instructor.
|DEPARTURE BASE||Porto Lotti, La Spezia Italy|
Weekend 10/12 November
|TIME OF DEPARTURE||Check-in from 5:00 pm on Friday - Checkout at 5 pm on Sunday|
260€ per person per weekend. For those who have already participated in Besailor1 210€ per person.
This weekend is entirely organised and run by A Tutta Vela22 s.s.d (Società Sportiva Dilettantistica)
|Language||Italian and english.|
|How to come||TRAIN: La Spezia central station|
AVAILABLE BOAT CLASSES
SUN ODYSSEY 49i (2008) View MoreLess
Boat models, technical specifications and options may be subject to change. BeBlue organises crews by balancing age, gender and specific requests of participants and reserves the right to make free upgrades to higher classes if needed. All boats are selected with care and experience.
BeBlue reserves the right to replace any boat in or out of the catalogue with another of similar class and quality.
What you will learn:
- Experience: discovering yourself as a member of a crew and taking turns in the various roles on board, avoiding wrong manoeuvres and learning the correct timing and handling of manoeuvres to prepare for command.
- Steering: leading the boat in all gaits, adjusting sails, keeping the course.
- Manoeuvres: adjusting sails according to weather conditions, anchoring in the bay and taking buoy.
- Hints of navigation: finding one's bearings in the landscape and on the nautical chart, identifying signals for navigation, taking a bearing.
- Safety: identifying the safety equipment on board and hints on their use (fire extinguishers, flares, VHF), reducing the sail, occupying all roles in the crew for the recovery of an object fallen overboard, recognising and preventing risks to which a crew member may be exposed.Technical skills: learning to read and use the on-board compass and the bearing compass.
Boarding available from 17:00 on Friday at Porto Lotti, La Spezia